Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water, juice, chewing gum, life savers) after midnight prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes that lace up(no flip flops or shoes that easily fall off).
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed prior to surgery. If you wear contacts it is easier to wear your glasses on the date of the appointment.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office as soon as you can prior to your surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Josephs prior to your surgical date for instructions on how to take them prior to your procedure.
Are You Ready To Restore Your Smile?
Dr. Mark Josephs DMD is now Accepting New Patients. Call us Today!
Click To Call
Prairieville Oral Surgery Office Phone Number 225-744-2660 Schedule Your
Appointment Online Patient