Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water, juice, chewing gum, life savers) after midnight prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes that lace up(no flip flops or shoes that easily fall off).
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed prior to surgery. If you wear contacts it is easier to wear your glasses on the date of the appointment.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office as soon as you can prior to your surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Josephs prior to your surgical date for instructions on how to take them prior to your procedure.